Friday we had a party and prayer service with friends, and we all took our children- so that was fun and crazy in the way that having tons of children around always is. :) Then Saturday morning we went to a wonderful birthday party for one of my Godsons. The theme was "Magic Tree House" and it was so well done!

The children got in the tree house and than landed for different adventures. The first was dinosaurs where you popped dino eggs (balloons) to get a prize and had other dino activities. The second was ancient greece where they broke up into teams and had Olympic games. The third was Camelot where they had a knightly snack of cupcakes and goldfish with lemonade. Then the final adventure was pirate treasure hunt. Such a creative party- the kids had a blast.








Saturday night we went to a "belated" annual Octoberfest party and had a wonderful time enjoying German food and drink. :) This is most of my crew of girls- the husbands were watching football. :) I am so, so blessed with the friends I have. I always thank God for our community of friends.

Sunday we had Little Flowers. I forgot to take pictures during the meeting, but I think it went well. We studied having "initiative" and learned about St. Margaret of Scotland. She was brought up in the holy and refined court of Edward the Confessor in England, but during a time of royal persecution she was sent to Scotland. Rugged King Malcolm fell in love with her and they married and had eight children. She taught the Scottish court manners and piety. She had many churches and monasteries built in Scotland and personally cared for 9 orphans and 24 poor adults. She would not eat a meal until she had fed them.

The church library has a piano in it so I played "Seek ye first" and let the girls sing it to learn their memory verse-

I tried to think up a lot of different scenarios where the girls could use some initiative in their own lives. I think they really got the concept after that.

Sunday night after Little Flowers we hosted our Teams of Our Lady couples group at our home. BUSY weekend indeed!
And Tucker has said some cute things lately.
When BB was walking to her car the other day after babysitting he ran after her and said, "Don't worry BB- I have not abandoned you- give me a hug!"
When he was in the throws of a screaming night terror he stopped with tears in his eyes and said, "how do you spell lettuce?" Confused as to what that had to do with anything, BB told him nonetheless and then he said, "That spells nothing!" and continued to cry.
They all "helped" Daddy with the leaves this weekend-








No comments:
Post a Comment