Monday, November 10, 2014

Sunday pics, Veteran's Day concert, and Troops

Every Sunday Tucker is about the cutest thing I've ever seen- I LOVE THIS BOY!  He is as adorable on the inside as he is on the outside-


After his Sunday School class I saw him standing on a brick wall with a crowd of adults and teenagers around him laughing.  They were all quizzing him on countries, states, flags, etc.  He was answering them all, "Bangladesh is in Asia- and its flag has a red dot in a green rectangle".  :)  They all laughed and oohed and aaaaahed.

His Sunday School teacher told me she can't get over his faith and how much he knows about God.  She said, "I think he should be teaching the class."  My precious little sprite- we love you to pieces.

He's also still a mess.  Just last night he called "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!!!!" in the middle of the night.  Marc ran upstairs and he said, "Daddy, some birds have orange beaks, some have yellow- what's that about?"  I heard it on the monitor and cracked up.  Then he said, "before you go- what's the difference between beyond and beneath?"  That little brain is always churning.  :)


And this little girl is as sweet as they come.  This morning she said, "Mommy, I went ahead and dressed Charlie and made his bed, Tucker's bed, Marky's bed and my bed."  She begs us to let her put Charlie to bed at night.   She reads to him, tucks him in, kisses his cheek and turns out the light.  She often puts my jewelry on and high heels and walks around saying, "Come here sweet boy and I will read you a story!" as she reads Charlie a story.  Then she says, "Mommy- I'm practicing for when I am a Mommy."



On Sunday afternoon the BBC sang at Alabama Veterans Memorial Park to a host of veterans assembled.  They had vets there from WWII to present day and you walked along a wooded path and talked to the tables of veterans from each war.  Then we went to the ceremony where our boys sang the National Anthem, My Country 'tis of Thee, and America the Beautiful.  They sang beautifully and then each boy went and shook the hands of the many veterans to thank them for their sacrifice.  It was a beautiful day.




This wall has the name of every Alabamian killed in service since WWI.





Then we got home just in time for our Troops of St. George meeting.  They learned about teamwork, poison ivy, how to hike through woods, use a compass, etc.  They had a great time and a highlight was tug-of-war.  :)







What a great day!

No comments: