Sunday, October 23, 2016

This and that- piano recital

 The Latin teacher arrived on Monday and said, "do you know your yard is full of stuffed animals?"  I called for Charlie who quickly explained that his "sheep are gwazing....but don't worry I put the sheep dog out to watch them."

 The Halloween costumes have been arriving from amazon.  Sissy is going to be an orca whale this year- Sea World left a big impression on her!  At least she's not a horse again.  :)

Oh, and Tuck is the Green Lantern.  I think it has a lot to do with his favorite color being green.  :)


Zaza sent all the children hilarious Halloween cards and $5.  They were excited!

Driving to choir practice Tucker said, "Mommy- look out the window to your left!!!"  I said, "what is it?"  He said, "See the sun?!  That is God's love shining down on us!!!!"

This is a rocket with attached space telescope (similar to the Hubble). 

It's controlled from Houston- that's an antennae on top and the front tooth pick/string is the doorbell.  :)


After making Marc's sword everyone wants to get more into wood working.  Daddy said we should start by carving soap and that's what everyone has been doing.  Soap and potato peelers- a canoe-


Charlie started off making "pants", but it turned into a lovely butterfly-





Tucker begged me to have the tin loaf pan.  I said, "what do you need it for?" and he said, "of course- a train station!"  Then he made tracks, a train and a paper-towel-roll lighthouse to go with it.  :)



Today they had a little Halloween piano recital.  They all played several songs and then had a mystery song that you had to guess by the costume and sound of the song.  She had the room so dark we could barely take pictures.  Tucker was adorable- he smiled so big between each song.  He played, "Old McDonald" and "Hot Cross Buns."  :)


His mystery song was "Shepherd's flute" and he was a precious shepherd.  :)  I realized how bad the pictures were so I gave up taking pictures after him.  Julia and Marc both did well.  Julia's mystery song was "Painting with Pastels," and Marc's was "Pirate's Tarentella."


No comments: