Monday, August 24, 2020

Beach Trip- part 1

 We always go to the beach in August- the week school goes back.  We booked this trip in March, not knowing that our house would be in total upheaval.  I am so glad we had this trip in already planned; I was truly going crazy over living with no kitchen.   I cooked so much at the beach because I could!  :)

We got there on a Monday evening.  We have our beach trips down now- we check in that evening after we get pizza by the leasing office, and then Daddy takes our pre-made beach trip grocery list to the store while we swim.  We made this list YEARS ago, and it has made the trips so much easier.   













Charlie got swimmer's ear the night before we left.  The doctor said, "use these drops and don't get his ear wet for a week."  Ah!  We used ear plugs and he did fine.  


























Say "cheese!"









We eat a lot of ice cream at the beach.  Anastasia always "shares" with Daddy. 



One evening we saw the most amazing lightning storm in the distance.  It was constant lightning strikes for about 20 minutes.  We sat on the balcony and watched in awe.  At one point Tucker said, "Behold God's majesty.  Let it sink into your soul."  :)





The boys are REALLY into the "throw the ball and I will catch it when I come off the slide" game.  We played that all the time.

Mommy, Daddy and BB went down too!

Marky had football practice all week so he and BB drove down on Wednesday so he could at least get to practice Monday and Tuesday.  We were so happy to have them!  We had a fun dinner at Fisher's.  




One of our favorite things is playing on the sand after supper.  We always fly kites at the beach  






















Wrestling matches in the sand- try to tackle Daddy and Marky.  





Such a wonderful time.  

No comments: