Friday, October 30, 2009

Please Pray

I am an only child, and Marc has only one sister and she has two children. So we have a very small, close family. Our nephew Noah had been throwing up and having headaches for a while (he even threw up while we were in Florida for the reunion) and the doctors finally did an MRI yesterday evening. They found a mass the size of an egg on the back of his brain and decided to immediately operate. They just got out of the operation and did the pathology and we have learned he has brain cancer. He is 6-years-old. They were not able to remove all of the tumor and it had spread so now he will have to begin radiation and chemotherapy. Our family is devastated, especially because we lost a 2nd cousin to brain cancer a year and a half ago and he was 10-years-old. The good news is that this is the most common form of brain cancer and the doctors have a proven protocol to go by. Marky and Noah are only 6-months apart in age and really love each other. We are starting a new journey with this cancer and we pray that God will give Noah complete healing. Please pray with us.

13 comments:

B-Mama said...

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear this. Noah will be in our prayers as will his family. I cannot imagine how it feels to hear such news. Blessings to you all.

The McNeills said...

Will be praying for Noah and for all of you.

Amy said...

I will be praying for your family.

Lindsey said...

Oh Donna. I am so sorry. I will pray for little Noah and your family. For complete healing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us know. I will certainly pray. Love to your family.

christian and amanda said...

we'll pray and have our church body pray as well. keep us posted. I have four nephews that I adore and imagine how difficult this must be.

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

Prayers being lifted up...keep us up to date and if there is anything any of us can do big and small.

Jennifer said...

Donna, I'm so sad for Noah and your family! I will pray that the Lord intervenes both physically and emotionally!

holly said...

donna, i got the email from your mom about this and we are praying for sweet noah!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep your sweet family in my prayers!

The Dettling's said...

Oh Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that! We will definitely be praying for that sweet boy!

Kris and Stacey said...

Wow!! I am so sadden to hear about Noah. I cannot imagine the shock and pain his parents are feeling. When you have a sick child you ache in parts of your body you didn't know could ache. I cannot imagine my child having brain surgery and going through chemo. As a mother all you want to do is fix things. It is a miserable feeling knowing that you can't. Please know I will pray for him and the rest of your family. Please keep me updated.

The house did not sell. The buyers could not get finacing. It really broke my heart only because we had found the house on 10 acres that we really wanted. The sign is still up and the other house is still for sell. Due to the circumstances of the 10 acrea house, it will probably be for sell a while which may give us time to get our house sold. Who knows. This should have been an email but I am too lazy to hunt for your address. Hope you and the babies are doing well.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I cannot believe I have been missing all of this! Am definitley praying, but have read the top update, so YAY!