Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Honey for a Mama's Heart

I long so much for my kids to love each other. I want them to look to each other for friendship and comfort. That's honestly part of the reason I'm homeschooling right now- to keep them close. And sometimes it seems it's working and other times they fight like cats and dogs. Well, today post-nap (isn't that how you define your day....prenaptime, naptime, postnaptime) the THREE of them played together so sweetly the entire time. I was so happy (especially since Daddy had a meeting after work and wouldn't be home before bedtime...I'm grateful for any "peace" in the house when I'm flying solo). So I was walking past this old TV box in the den (that Marky had drug up from the garage) and all of sudden heard some shuffling...
Who's there?
Oh- it's the three amigos! They had crayons inside and had colored a fire, some chairs, some weapons (it was a fort), etc.
Marky would get on the outside and talk to Tuck Tuck...
Yes, buddy, I know...it is your Bubba on the other side!
Later after I'd left the room for a while I heard the piano and walked in and saw this-
Tucker loves for Marky to hold him and let him play with his feet.
Then even later I heard "ring a round the rosy" coming from the foyer and walked in to see this....
Thank goodness I have Camp Director Marky to keep the party going. I'm so proud of him lately. On Saturday, he and Marc went with a group of Hibernians to a retirement home for priests and did yardwork in the blazing heat for three hours. Marc said Marky didn't stop working and didn't complain. Such a sweetheart. Anyway- I did want to document the fact that they don't fight EVERY day.... :)
In OTHER news, I'm doing a low-carb (almost no-carb) diet. I have discovered that I feel better and look better without carbs in the diet, however, many will say I am a bit sweeter WITH carbs in the diet. :) (Think Chris Farley's "Lay off me- I'm starving..." skit- that sums it up).

4 comments:

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

so so sweet!!!
ps-that is one of my fave skits...and every time i am hungry, that line comes to my mind! ok, maybe not every time i am hungry, but whenever i am really starving! ha!

--Shelley said...

i love how you call it an old tv box. like it had been in the garage for years! :) that is really sweet that they were in their together.

Kris and Stacey said...

Can Marky please come over and be camp director at my house? Hamilton likes to be camp dictator and that never works out too well. Looks like a fun time had by all. Tucker is the cutest!!!!

Lori said...

All such gifts from above! You are such a wonderful mama. I love how close my kids are and owe it all to saying yes to God's call to homeschool. It's such a beautiful way of life :) Love, Lori