Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A perfect day

Today was a wonderful, dreamy day. It started with the amazing weather! Finally some nice, arid, breezy weather!

We had a great morning of "school" and swung by the Church for reconciliation and then onto a spontaneous trip to the McWane Center for lunch and two hours of playtime in an almost empty science center. Then the little ones had nice, long naps, Marky and I did some exciting history lessons and then I had time (and energy amazingly) to make spaghetti for dinner.*

Our side porch has a seating area with a swing, glider and two rockers, but behind the rockers has been a big empty space. I finally realized I should put our dinette set that was out on the "open" deck (and never used- bugs, heat) under the porch. Tonight we for the first time ate outside- and by the first time, I mean, we never ate outside at our old house- so that's at least 6 years since we've eaten outside as a family . It was awesome- the table is right under one of the new ceiling fans so it was perfect- not one bug and plenty of breeze.
And as an added bonus, we had a beautiful hummingbird at our hummingbird feeder all night.





Then we had our usual after dinner scuffle. Basically what happens every night is Marc simply gets on his hands and knees and then three kids try to take him to the ground.








Or ride on his back horsey style. :)


Tucker's still learning sitting-on-someone's-shoulders etiquette. You don't squeeze faces or hair.









Oh, Daddy, it's all in fun!
After a nice walk with the double stroller- everyone was bathed and put to bed. What a great day- and now blogged for memory.






* It goes without saying that today was an exceptional day, not an "average" day. :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good for you! These kinds of days are awesome! Love, Lori

BB said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I'll get those smiles this weekend!!!!