Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cookie Factory and Park Day

Today was a super-fun day at Ayers Academy. We started off by heading to a 10 am birthday party at a precious tree-filled park. These fall days are just made for parks- I just read "Last Child in the Woods" about American Children's "nature deficit disorder" and how our kids just aren't interacting with nature enough- certainly not as much as their parents or grandparents did. Being in nature actually lowers blood pressure and is great therapy for many mental and emotional maladies. This idea of getting back to nature was on our mind when we bought this house with the woods all around it. I LOVE seeing them go down to the creek and build bridges or forts. But I digress.

After the birthday party we took a tour of the Bud's Best Cookie factory. We were the only people on the whole train- they took us all through the cooking, baking, packing, shipping process and gave us bags of cookies and coloring books when we left. Then we picked up lunch and headed to the park with friends. The kids played for hours and there was an unusually large number of older homeschooled boys there that we got to meet. Marc was thrilled.

Sept 2011 112

Sissybug found little girls to play with- I don't think I've yet had a shy child- they will walk up to any kid and ask them to play-

Sept 2011 108

Sept 2011 110

Mr. T had a blast- I've learned that he can unlock his seatbelt on the car seat now. I got out of the car to get the stroller and when I got to his seat to get him out he had taken off. I'm going to have to really watch him and train him on this-

Sept 2011 113

Now when he disobeys I make him say "I da toddler- you da boss!"

Sept 2011 107

Last night at dinner he was making us laugh and said, "I a jokester"....never have truer words been spoken- this sweetybear is always making us laugh- (his face is flush from running for so long)-

Sept 2011 106

And this punkinface is always making mommy happy with his sweet disposition and love of cuddling- (by the way, he literally "coos" now- I forgot that babies coo!)

Sept 2011 111

In other news- I think we should all by Chick Fil A stock- I mean, is it EVER not busy? The drive through at the one by our house is crazy chaos with all types of people standing in the parking lot directing traffic and greeting you. And now they always have this cow to entertain the kids while we wait- it's a real show!

Sept 2011 105

And don't worry the kids will still get their work done this afternoon. They are watching "Ben Hur" right now while Tucker and Charlie nap. We will pick up with our work when it's done. :)

1 comment:

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

yes..that chickfila is one of the most profitable in the nation! craziness!