Monday, June 2, 2014

Tennis camp and Tucker's buddy

Well, this week the older two children are going to tennis 'camp'.  It's really more of a clinic- just 2 hours in the morning, but they are so excited.  Last summer was a camp extravaganza and when it came to this summer and I said "out of all the camps you did last year- which do you definitely want to do again?" they said "tennis" of all things!  I was shocked, but I'm glad they like it.  And our neighborhood does have tennis courts so I'd love for them to be able to really play.  

They love going to camps and classes.  Marc said, "sign me up for as many as you can find."  :)  And because we are together all year long with homeschooling, I'm happy to have them off having experiences in the summer.  




Tucker has a special treat in store this week- he's going to BB's house for a couple nights by himself.  BB and Poppy like to have them one at a time sometimes so they can really get to know them individually.  They all talk more and open up more when they are one on one.  Tucker is such a character- it's going to be such a treat.  I will miss him!

He has made himself a "tinker toy friend" that he carries around the house.  He eats breakfast with "him" and takes him wherever he goes- he even sleeps with tinker toy friend (whom I call "Senor Tinker").  


I said, "go upstairs and get dressed."  I hear "C'mon tinker toy friend let's go get dressed!"  :)



Tonight we were cleaning the playroom after Charlie was in bed.  I always make everyone be SO SUPER QUIET when Charlie is sleeping because he's a light sleeper.  We were so shocked when we heard,
 "Evahwewon be qwiet!  I seeping" from Sharshee's room.  :)

------

Right after I blogged that I heard the shuffle of little footy jammies in the hall outside my bedroom door.  I said, "who's there?" and a little head popped out with a tinker toy cross and said, "Have mercy on you."  :)

Mommy: "what are you doing down here?!  You should be up in bed."

Tucker: "I'm just trying to put love on everybody.  Where's Daddy?"

Mommy:  "He's at the store.  You must go up to bed now."

Tucker:  "When he gets home send him up so I can bless him."

Mommy:  "Will do. I love you."  :)

Footnote:  When Daddy got home I sent him upstairs and Tucker was asleep.  Marc bent down to kiss his forehead and he woke up suddenly-
"Oh Daddy- wait- I have something for you."  He held the cross up towards Marc and said, "Mercy be on you Daddy."  :)  

No comments: