Sunday, September 21, 2014

Charlie is in a big boy bed!

This weekend was fun and busy as usual.  Friday we had homeschool gym day (where the kids run and go crazy for 2 1/2 hours) and then Julia had makeup horseriding lesson.  That night Marky went to an awesome boys birthday in a big gym full of ramps.  They rode all types of gear and had a great time.  I had a friend come over with her little ones so we had our own little party with babies.  :)


Saturday morning we went to Marky's flag football game and BB met us (Poppy was working at his hunting camp).  :)



These little guys play so sweetly together.  They had little animals and told all types of stories with them.

Julia was saying, "and the rain fell gently down to the forest...."  Tucker loves it.  :)





After the game we went to eat lunch at a BBQ place nest door to this supermarket- Tucker said, "hey look- those flags go from Ecuador to Pakistan!"  He knew them all.


Saturday night we had dinner at Matt and Shana's beautiful home.  Matt made a delicious steak fajitas and homemade guacamole and "slap yo momma refried beans and rice".  :)


All during the day on Saturday we cleaned and worked on organizing the house.  I went through Julia's giant closet and packed away (or gave away) all her tons of dresses that she's recently out grown.  She had had a real growth spurt and none of her shoes or clothes fit!  I can't keep up with these tall children- they never stay the same size!

And as I cleaned out Charlie's closet I realized we no longer needed any diapers or pullups and said, "we might as well take down the crib."  And we did!  On a total whim we took down the crib and put up two twin beds (he had one in there and there was one in the attic that matched).  Little buddy was so excited!

When it was time to put him to bed I was expecting some challenges.  I expected him to get up several times.  I expected him to need me to lay with him.  I expected him to want a nightlight for the first time.  None of that happened!

He just went to sleep.  He said goodnight and my baby stayed in his big boy bed in the completely dark room and didn't get up until morning.  He is the easiest little guy!





\

I haven't changed all the pictures around and gotten bedding for the room yet.  I can't wait to get it "just right."  :)  

How is our baby big enough to be in a bed and completely potty trained?  Time surely flies.  Sweet Charliebear- we love you so much.  Thank you for your sweet and gentle spirit.  You are just a delight!

No comments: