Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day



Saint Valentine was a priest and martyr. I am so sad that so many people, especially teens, have no idea what real love is.  Poor girls everywhere feel "empowered" by being nothing but a puppet on a string.  St. Valentine, pray for us.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.   I Cor 13:4-8

2 comments:

BB said...

This is a wise priest, and his comments should be preached from every pulpit.

holly said...

Such a great homily. I shared it with my Catholic Mom's group and my small discipleship group of 16-17 yr old girls. I'm going to be in Indy in a few weeks. I'm going to see if his parish is nearby