Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Almost Snowy Day

Today all the schools and offices were closed for the "big snow storm" that didn't really come.  It was supposed to start at ten and last all day, but instead we got cold rain all day.  We enjoyed the day so much though!  Daddy was home and had a roaring fire in the fireplace all day.  He worked while we did our school.  I made chili for lunch and then in the afternoon we got out all of our snowy books and read them.



They were so sad about not having snow- so we made popcorn snowballs!  Baby wants a snowball- baby gets a snowball.  :)



I just used a recipe I saw on a blog: Melt two sticks of butter and a bag of marshmallows.  Throw in popcorn and coat- when it cools enough shape into balls.



I made them smaller than usual because I didn't want them eating all that sugar.  I think they look better bigger.  And on that note let me just say - lest my blog makes you think otherwise- I am terrible at cooking little treats like this.  It does not come naturally, and I see these things on the internet that look easy and when I do it I find it hard and cumbersome.  The whole time I was saying "Why is this easy for other people?"  But I keep trying. :)  And while we made it we were happy and listening to classical music.  Fake it til you make it people.  :)



And they tasted great!



After dinner we had movie night- one of my favorite winter movies- Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates-


We sat on the new cozy couch- it's blue!   I was so tired of brown furniture- everything in the whole room was brown.  We had to break it up a little.



The moment the end credits of the movie are rolling Marky looks over and says, "Hey- it's snowing!!!!" And everybody went crazy!  Hooray!




They had a snowball fight on the trampoline-






They are all still out there playing and having a ball.  I was inside a bit ago and little Charlie walked in- sat on the couch- and fell fast aleep in seconds.  He's "tie-yuhd about dis snow".  :)  Night night buddy.




Now buddy boy has been put to bed, the older children are still playing and I'm sitting by the fire grateful grateful grateful for this day.


2 comments:

BB said...

What a blessed and fun day. So glad you got just enough snow to enjoy, but not enough to get anyone stuck!!!!

Jennifer McShea said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! My kids are praying for snow!!