Friday, November 9, 2018

Field Trips and Play pens

We had two field trips this week.  On Thursday we went to hear the Alabama Symphony Orchestra play a concert based on space.  You can imagine how much my little spacemen liked it.  They played a lot of Star Wars tunes as well.




Here was the program-



 Afterwards we had lunch and dessert to celebrate my Godson's birthday!


Today we went on a field trip to Moundville Archaeological Park.  It has numerous mounds and is the site of an old Mississippian Indian village.  They call it the "Big Apple of the 14th Century."  We started with an educational movie.


Then a very interesting docent took us on a tour of some of the mounds and the nature trail to the Warrior River.




As it was raining, little punkinface and I sat in the car.  Keeping her happy was a trick.  She likes to look at herself in a mirror or cell phone.  She likes that baby.  :)   


I finally realized she was just sleepy.  If baby girl is fussing, 9 times out of 10 it means she is sleepy. 


They loved climbing to the top of the largest mound.  





In Anastasia news....

We have learned she does NOT like oatmeal.  At all. :)


But she does love her new TotBloc!  I wanted her to have a safe place (that's bigger than a pack-n-play) to roll around in while we homeschool.  It is also helpful when I am bringing in groceries or running to the mailbox and need to put her some place safe.  She loves her little square playpen.  I bought the mattress for it so it's extra soft for rolling.  I love this smiley baby girl!   :)




No comments: