
Most people who know me, know my longtime friend Shelley. Not everyone knows that I've known Shelley since elementary school when we went to the same church; since middle school when we were in the same school and for a while rode on the same bus seat (me, her, Emily and my saxophone); since high school when we went to the same church and were very involved with the youth group. (Shelley was president and the girl the cool guys dated- I was comic relief). Here we are (above pic) on an Alaskan cruise with our youth minister in 1994. No comments on my hat from Fashionista please. It was the 90s and I probably got it at Structure! ha!

Here we are at "senior day" 1996 at our church. That morning we sang a ridiculous ensemble song with three other girls. The music minister loved it so much he had us sing it at the 6:30 sunrise service.....and that's all. No really girls....it was beautiful.....we've heard enough.

Then we got to college. Oh college- the freshman dorm- living together in a co-ed (say what?!) dorm and doing pranks all day. Here we are one night breaking into blogger Stacey's dorm room to scare her and her roomate Christin. We put panty hose on our heads and used guns from a skit I'd done with AGD. Shelley's pantyhose were obviously Control Top because you can't see her face at all!

For the first two years of college I was an Alpha Gam and Shelley was an "independent." She finally did rush and became an Alpha Gam- see how happy we were? That's me, Shelly, Shana and Robyn. This is junior year. We were more mature. We had been through many different dorms, pants sizes and boys by this point. College was a blast- and we were roomates our senior year just as we had been our freshman.

And here we are. Obviously I'm leaving a lot out. We both dated our husbands in 2000, married in 2001, had our boys in 2004 and our girls in 2006 (and Shelley's last boy in 2008- I'm working on it!) It's been so much fun to have a lifetime friend on the journey with me. I love you so much Shelley- Happy Birthday!!!!
9 comments:
Oh Donna, you're freakin' hilarious! And your memory is rediculous - I'm sure you remember the entire song y'all sang, who sand what parts, and probably what everyone was wearing :) I enjoyed the pictures, too.
Boo
i could comment on every picture! ahh, the memories. we had so much fun!!! wish you, skrawna and robyn could have come this past weekend. chip always loved that shana had on her belt and shoes in the pool pic! thank you for the sweet post and the trip down memory lane.
Oh Donna....you make me laugh so hard. Love the stroll down memory lane. You and Shelley have a beautiful friendship. Our freshman year of college is one to remember. We had so much fun. What ever happened to Clements....the mouse? Crazy that we are all married and have a few dozen kids.
Happy Birthday Shelley!!!!!
Crack me up! Too funny and great memories. What a beautiful friendship you two have. We need to try to get all the AGD's in B'ham together soon!
Happy B'day Shelley! LOVE the hat D...not to worry. We all have picture books full of fashion disasters. LOVE the ZAP of ya'll jumping in the pool...great memories!
LOVE this post!!! HYSTERICAL!!!
You two have had lots of fun, I see. :)
GRREAT hat! I hope you saved it. Everything comes back, right?
Happy Birthday, Shelley!!!plnzbxy
That was funny and so beautiful! I love you both!!!
Happy Birthday, Shelley!
Hill
I remember that hat and you were way cool for the time! I also remember the trip to Alaska - what a blast! Your post is so sweet and best friends are one of lifes best blessings!
sweet! i had no idea you knew each other that long. thanks for sharing the memories. and i loved the hat from structure.
Post a Comment