
Marc and I have always loved Jim Caviezel. We loved him in the Passion of Christ, Count of Monte Cristo, Bobby Jones, and one of Marc's favorite movies, Frequency. And we knew he was a Christian. I remember a story that he upset Jennifer Lopez once when he asked her to keep her top on during a love scene out of respect for his wife. I watched him interviewed once and he said he doesn't pick characters or movies that have perfect, holy people. They may cuss, covet, or sin in any number of ways. He tries to find movies that have a redemptive quality- a story of love and truth overcoming. He and his wife have stepped out on faith and adopted two disabled children. Oh if only more Hollywood stars would find Christ and follow Him. He says:
“We took the harder road...That is what faith is to me; it’s action. It’s the Samaritan. It’s not the one who says he is; it’s the one who does – and does without bringing attention to himself. I’m saying this because I want to encourage other people. Yes, you do feel fear, you do feel scared but you have no idea the blessings that you have coming to you if you just take a chance on faith."
"When you live in holiness, when you really try to stop sinning, you become braver. You become more courageous, you become a man of your word. You become a man of conviction that you're not willing to sell out and you're really a true knight in shining armour."
Full story here: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/apr/08042907.html
5 comments:
Love the response to the UAB post! I have more to say about it here. Just for that, the Ayerses are now linked on the Briefcase.
And Frequency is one of those ones that'll make you wanna go give your old man a call or a hug...
The more I learn of this actor, the bigger fan I become. He could have anything the world offers, yet he wants to stand approved before God. He seeks the eternal, with everything carnal and temporal in his reach. I plan to pray for his continued blessings, courage, and walk before men.
Mom
OK, I guess this was about a year ago, I was at mass, and my baby was crying, so I got up to take her to the back of the church. Guess who is sitting in the back row....JIM CAVEZIAL!!!! No joke, I had to do a double take, because after seeing him in the passion, I thought Jesus was sitting there. He is beautiful, in every way! I thought it was so cool to see him at mass. I've seen him interviewed on EWTN before and he is awesome. I got on the internet when I got home to see why he was in town (and to make sure I wasn't losing my mind), and sure enough, he was in town to give Michael W. Smith an award. BEST STAR SPOTTING EVER!!!!
Holly always sees the celebs!!!
He is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this story. :)
I just found your blog as I was getting ready to post a jim caviezel blog on mine....
Where do you live?
Jim C. will be at our church this weekend doing a live interview....
I can give you more info if you are interested.
Post a Comment