Monday, August 25, 2008

Just some thoughts....

1. I love the movie Stardust. We rented it for the second time last night- and I still love it.

2. We started officially homeschooling today- and it was wonderful. Marc has told everyone tonight about his "homework" he did with mommy today. We did math, reading, handwriting, logic, and literature. I discovered he will do most anything for a sticker.

3. I think we are coming close to naming baby 3. We've got the first name- just gotta get that middle one sorted out.

4. Did anyone catch Peggy Noonan's article in the Wall Street Journal last week explaining why Obama's numbers are dropping? It's because Americans are starting to pay attention. She talked specifically about how important the debate at Rick Warren's church was. McCain was to-the-point and said life begins at conception. Obama seemed at best scattered and dodgy. Basically Noonan thinks Obama can't keep preaching "hope" without any REAL plan. If he doesn't lay out some sort of REAL specific action that he will take- he's going to lose some folks. And...since we didn't expect much from McCain in the first place- we are all happily surprised when he comes to ready to play- and almost seems like an old-time conservative. Read the awesome article here: http://online.wsj.com/article/declarations.html

No comments: