Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yard Sale Day

So today we had a little yard sale with some of our friends. Above is our old kitchen island and purple slide and some toys. We sold all the big stuff- Marc sold his 6-disk car c.d. player thingy for like $30- less than the tax he paid when he bought it originally. I guess that's how yard sales go though- you have to sell things at bottom prices. I think when all was said and done we got around $60- and then spent $20 on pizza. We had a really fun day hanging out with friends and I'm glad people can use the stuff that was in our garage.
Marky spent the day with his buddy M.H. and they stayed so busy we almost never saw them- they played outside all morning "old school", i.e. without toys. They dug in the dirt for mud pies, filled cups with water, stacked firewood and "built" things with hammers.
Julia spent her time terrorizing chasing a neighboorhood cat and generally wandering around. Here she is chasing him into some bushes- come back "tit-tat".

5 comments:

Amy said...

making mud pies is the BEST!!!

annieck said...

Yard sales are always an adventure! It's fun to hang out with the neighbors. :) We never make much at yard sales but always enjoy hangin' out. :)

LOVE that your kids were playing old school. Such a rarity these days!

Kris and Stacey said...

You are telling stories. Sissy would not chase the neighbors cat. Haha!!!

My first day of homeschooling is HISTORY!!! Donna, it went wonderful. I cannot wait to tell you about it. I am so blessed to be able to spend such precious time with Hamilton. He gave me a big hug this afternoon and said "Mommy, thank you for homeschooling me. Will you homeschool me until I am ready to go to big school?" Donna tears filled my eyes. God confirmed thoughout the day that we are doing the BEST thing for our boys. If we don't teach morals and values to our children then someone else will. I am the parent and that is my God given JOB!!! I am on a roll. I hope to post some pictures tomorrow. I took a ton. It is just too cute to see all three boys having so much fun leanrning!!!

Kris and Stacey said...

What the heck has happened to our name. I'll have to get Kris on that one.

The Dettling's said...

I wish you had told me about the yardsale. I would have bought the toys! Is that too weird? Aaron and I buy lots of stuff at yard sales! :)