Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Seepy" Julia


Julia's favorite thing to do is say she is "seepy" and get under covers either on the couch or in mommy's bed. It is such a sweet time when they give you two-year-old talk. Her favorite all-time lullaby is "you are my sunshine". I have a large repertoire of songs b/c my mom and grandmother sang TONS of songs to me- but she ONLY wants "sunshine". Tonight I sang it 8 times as I rocked her. Every time I started a new song she'd say "one mo time...sunshine...again...pease". How can I resist? Then we pray (she knows the Lord's prayer) and then I have to get her entire crew of animals (three lambs, one "sweet froggy", and "titty tat") and her sippy cup. Then we turn on her wave sound machine and her bird projector thing. It's a big ordeal- but she sleeps like a log when she's got her perfect combo. I love you little baby girl and hope you are "seeping" very well tonight.
P.S. this pic was taken at the beach- she slept in a pack-n-play in our walk-in-closet (we kept the door open!)

4 comments:

annieck said...

Donna, that is SO sweet! How could you not continue to sing and rock her? What a doll! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my good gashus, how I love that nighttime ritual. When we kept her, bedtime was just a bit of heaven on earth. I know she still has the angel dust on her from when the angels kissed her and sent her on down to us.
"Sunshine" was your favorite song too, and I'm so glad it's hers. I wish I had that little ball of love here now to rock and sing to her. She is my sunshine!

LeAnne said...

SO SWEET...those are some of the most precious moments EVER with our little ones. I love your mom's comments...I don't know about you but I love seeing my mom as the doting grandma...it is so amazing!!

Emily said...

how sweet is she? i wouldnt be able to resist that either.
we just got back from the beach and ava slept in our closet, too! but ours had a vent so we were able to close the door. it worked out great.