
We're back from Virginia! We had the best time! One day we went to the
Peaks of Otter for lunch and to enjoy the mountains. Here we are exploring the woods off the
Blue Ridge Parkway with my grandparents. Below is Julia enjoying the lake at the lodge after lunch.

Afterwards, my grandfather took us to an apple farm so my little apple-lover (he literally eats three a day) could stock up on his favorites and see real, live apple trees.

Most of the time, we just hung around their wonderful home. We took the kids "gator" and they rode it like crazy. We took the governor off of the throttle and now that thing will fly. Julia always lets
Marky drive and he is really good at shifting gears and even making 3-point turns.

Who has the best grandparents? My kids! Here are my parents, BB and Poppy, taking the babies for a ride on the riding lawnmower. They LOVED this and we even raced the two tractors.

My grandparents have an AWESOME, huge, flat, circular driveway that
Marky can ride his bike on for hours. Much different from our driveway which I call the death drop.

All in all it was a relaxing weekend. I'm so glad Marc had time to get off work to go up there. (I say "off" work- I drove and he worked on the laptop on the way up and back- but you get the idea). I know I'm blessed that I still have my grandparents and that my kids have active, vibrant great-grandparents. I want to sit in the swing with my grandmother as often as I can because I know our time is precious. Oh, P.S. we told them the baby's name is Tucker (my maiden name and their surname) and they were thrilled!

7 comments:
what a fun time!! I can't even imagine being there and infringing on all that special family time...what a blessing to still be able to spend such sweet time with your grandparents and marc and julia with grand, and great-grand parents.
Glad ya'll are back!
What a great post! Very lucky family. Jackson has three great grandparents and I wish he could see them more. I love the name and also LOVE family names. We have used family names as well and Baby #2 is surprise but will be a family name too.
I love that you're naming him Tucker. Cute! I've wondered if you'd ever use it. I'm a fan of family names, of course.
Looks like ya'll had a great time!! I am so glad you are naming the baby Tucker!! My second baby is Watson Hayes but we call him Hayes and now that he looks like me I so wish I would have called him Watson!!
FUN trip and I love the name!! I love seeing you swing with your grandmother...I miss mine so much. I'm happy you guys had such a great trip!!
OK! I was wondering why you didn't tame one of your kiddos Tucker! My evil cousin's wife already stole Wilder (same time i was prego w/ Alex...grrr). Too cute! Looks like ya'll had a blast.
That sounds like a wonderful trip. I bet y'all were packed to the gills! That minivan was a low-rider- I guaratee it! With a gator and anll!!!
Post a Comment