Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Home and Love


I realized that I have not mentioned that we took our house off of the market. We did it about three weeks or so ago. We were getting so weary with having to keep it perfectly clean 24/7 and as time went on the house we were trying to buy became less appealing to us. Also, and probably the main reason, I am 7 months pregnant and Marc is super busy at work. So if we were to sell, I would have to be the primary packer and I'm already busy enough with raising my two little ones and homeschooling. Anyway, I'm totally okay with it. I thought I was dying to move, but now I'm totally content to stay. Maybe it's this economy making us all take a look at our lifestyles and wondering if we are grasping for too much too soon, or maybe it's looking at my grandparents and how they dug their own well and built their own home with their two hands with a toddler in tow that makes me feel a little bit selfish for not staying content with what I have. We have been given so much. I am so grateful.


Just Home and Love!
the words are small
Four little letters unto each;
And yet you will not find in all
The wide and gracious range of speech
Two more so tenderly complete:
When angels talk in Heaven above,
I'm sure they have no words more sweet
Than Home and Love.

Just Home and Love!
it's hard to guess
Which of the two were best to gain;
Home without Love is bitterness;
Love without Home is often pain.
No! each alone will seldom do;
Somehow they travel hand and glove:
If you win one you must have two,
Both Home and Love.

And if you've both,
well then I'm sure
You ought to sing the whole day long;
It doesn't matter if you're poor
With these to make divine your song.
And so I praisefully repeat,
When angels talk in Heaven above,
There are no words more simply sweet
Than Home and Love.

Robert William Service

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, sweetheart. I love our home.

annieck said...

Great post, Donna! Good for you. Your home looks so nice, and now you'll get to live right by Shana. YEA!!! Won't it be nice not to have to have it perfectly clean every moment? I remember trying to do that with our condo in Atlanta...it was nearly impossible, and we didn't even have kids then!
I'm excited for you guys!

I would love to do the zoo. Tristan's been asking! Fridays would probably be best for us because of Tristan's school schedule. Just let me know a day that works for you. :)

I think you'll like the Bare Minerals. I love it! The kit came with an instructional DVD, and that was incredibly crucial for me. :)
Let me know what you think! :)

Kris and Stacey said...

You have a beautiful home. And I am all about LESS stress for mamma. I can hardly believe you are aleady 7 months pregnant. Seems like that has flown by.

holly said...

How do you always have the best poems? They are great! I wish I was closer to ya'll so I could go to the zoo too :( Let me know if ya'll get a wild hair and want to come visit me. We have new elephants and giraffes at our zoo!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Where do you get all these poems. I think you sit around all day and read poetry, right??
And I think that is a perfectly fine decision. We moved when I was 5 months preggers last year and it was tough with just one baby in tow. I can't imagine two and at least 7 months. I love your home! It is beautiful and spacious and so nice. And Shana down the street soon!!!