Well, my mom left Wednesday morning and I've been in the trenches by myself the past couple days. She and I both shed a tear when she left! So far so good. Today was the most incredible day. I thanked God this morning for letting us get some BEAUTIFUL weather and get out of our house! Early this morning I was able to clean all the kids rooms and fold laundry while the kids played outside. Then we went to the park with four other moms and their babies and had a picnic and spent the day playing. It was a perfect day and the kids had the best time just running in the grass and climbing the hills- they never even got on the playsets. Then we all came home and EVERYONE took a nap- Julia in her bed, Marky on his top bunk and Tucker and I on the bottom bunk. Then Daddy came home and took us out to dinner to a steak restaurant and all three kids were so well behaved. At dinner Marky read a book quietly and Julia put stickers on her menu and after each one would put her hands up and say "I did it!"
I am so grateful for my life today. Even with the getting up all night and laundry that I will never catch up with I am living my dream life. I do not take it for granted and thank God for opening my eyes to the gifts before me.
As you can see, Tucker fits right in...
2 comments:
What an absolutely precious picture!
how sweet. so glad you had a great day. i have been thinking about you knowing your mom left this week. i too was thankful for the pretty weather. 2/3 kids and i have had a cold. and oh yea, the laundry is unruly. i dont know how that happens. it is like kudzo.
Post a Comment