Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lazy Sunday

We had nothing big to do this weekend, and I LOVED it! After traveling for a week in 90 degree heat and coming home to chilly temps and my cozy house, all I want to do is stay home and hibernate. We did work on our yard- the leaves have already started piling up so we had to work on those. We have a good yard crew-
They are actually helpful- especially Marky. Julia doesn't even have a rake- she just carries the red hoe around and talks a lot, but Daddy says he enjoys her company.

I stay warm inside with Mr. T. He likes to watch the action from the storm door-

Is this baby precious or what? He has my heart!

P.S. I thought I should put this out there for you sewing types. I found this shirt for Julia the other day- it's just a ribbon sewn around a long-sleeve white t-shirt- and then you tie the back in a big bow. It's so cute and easy and cheap and you can coordinate it with any pants or hair bow.


Thank you Lord for rest with family. What wondrous love is this.

4 comments:

BB said...

I love that Sissy was walking around just talking, with an implement, not a rake, in her hand. And that's how she raked. She is just me made over. I've always preferred just chatting with folks over that actual WORK!
She probably could tell you about the worms, the clouds, the sky, etc. that all the real workers might have missed.
Having said that, I'm so grateful for Marky actually being a helper, and almost always doing the right thing. He is our rock, our shining star.
And Mr. T? Good gashus!!!! Just show me that third tooth and I'll follow you anywhere!

The McNeills said...

That sounds like a perfect family day! Sundays in the South... I miss those. I like that idea with the shirt too... I may have to try that!

The Dettling's said...

Precious babies, adorable shirt! Thanks for the idea! Maybe I'll have a girl one day! :)

--Shelley said...

that shirt is awesome. one day i am going to learn to use the machine that i have had for 3 years now. i think you could actually do it with Stitch Witchery--a no-sew iron on treatment.