Today we had our annual homeschool All Saints Party (tomorrow is All Saints feast day). This year Marky went as St. Benedict. He chose him as his saint all by himself. Sadly, little Sissy Joan of Arc could not make the party b/c Mommy made the mistake of saying "If you don't eat your lunch you may not go to the party," and then I was forced to follow through. Next time I will think of a different consequence. :)
Each kid gave clues to their saint, Marky did well- I was surprised he was brave enough to talk. He said, "I was born in 480 in Rome, I am the father of western monasticism, I had a sister named Scholastica, and I have a famous medal." Protestants are saying, "huh, what?", but everyone in the room knew exactly who he was!
A fun day and perhaps a glimpse into our future? I do wonder if this little guy will have a religious vocation. God's will be done!
As St. Benedict said, "we must listen and attend with the ear of our hearts."
As St. Benedict said, "we must listen and attend with the ear of our hearts."






1 comment:
He's a natural :)
We sure hated to miss it :(
Maybe one day life will be back to noraml???
Love, Lori
Post a Comment