On Saturday, Marc went to meetings in the morning and I slept in and then went to the Ritz Carlton Spa for a massage! Yes, you read that right- yes, it was awesome! Then Marc met me for lunch- they gave us visa gift cards to get our lunch with and we found an Irish Pub which you know made my hubby so happy.

Remember when we used to take pictures of each other and not our kids?

After lunch we went to the World War II Museum- and to say this was a highlight of the trip would be an understatement. If you have not been- you NEED to go. It was AWESOME! They have the most amazing interactive movie thing with snow falling from the ceiling, your chair shakes, mist falls- you feel like you are in the war. It goes without saying, I cried like a baby like I do at any patriotic thing.
We walked around all afternoon and looked at the beauty of the French Quarter architecture. The detail people used to use- where did that attention to detail go? Saturday evening we went to mass at St. Louis Cathedral, the oldest Cathedral in the United States. That will be a post in itself- it was just heavenly.
THEN- Saturday night- to our surprise- when we got to the lobby to walk to dinner they had a jazz band and free Hurricane's to drink and had gotten police cars to block off the roads so we paraded to the Aquarium of the Americas for dinner. We all had white hankies to swing around and dance with.

They even had ANOTHER jazz band play in the BACK of the line- why we needed TWO bands I'm not sure- but it was a lot of fun! Now, it was kind of funny b/c Marc and I had been walking for MILES all afternoon and had had nothing to eat for like 5 hours and when I got in line to dance to the aquarium I was really thirsty and drank two hurricanes in about 5 minutes on an empty stomach. I didn't realize they had alcohol in them at first and so anyway.....I'm just saying that explains the next few pictures and how "merry" I was feeling.
Gone Prince Hunting....
Well you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow.....
We had full use of the aquarium and they had tables of all types of different foods all over the place. So as you walked through you could try the different food.

They also had tons of musicians spread around.



Such a fun night with my man. We kept taking pics like this b/c I didn't want to ask anyone to take our picture- it felt kind of high school.
But we finally did. :) After the Aquarium dinner we caught a movie and then walked to a nearby pub and heard a band. That's how carefree we were. It had been over three years since we'd gone anywhere overnight by ourselves.

Riding home on a chartered jet. The headrest was the logo for the retreat- it was a "Gumbo" theme- "a recipe for success". I'm so grateful the firm allowed wives to go and paid for us. What a special time for me and the Mr.










5 comments:
However much fun you two had (and so richly deserved), I think Poppy and I had even more! What great grandchildren we have...and you know I'm not even partial;)!
Marky, Julia and Tuck Tuck are absolutely the icing on the cake of life.
And while I could NOT get Poppy to take a picture at the exact right time....I jumped on the trampoline (jump-o-reen) with the children for much of Saturday. Yes, I went to bed in pain. Must be allergies, couldn't be "old age"! I'm young from the nose up, and from the knees to the ankles still. Watch out!
Miss you all!
Sounds like such a lovely weekend Donna. I love reading about your precious family when I can squeeze in the time. My parents came for our 10th anniversary and it was so relaxing to get away and comforting to know that my kids were in good hands. Your parents remind me so much of mine. What a blessing Godly grandparents are. Between baby #3 due soon & staying busy this year with all of the therapies to help Andrew overcome Autism, we have not been able to get away. Now it will have to wait until baby boy #3 gets older. Stephanie Rogers French
so glad you guys had a fun and relaxing weekend! i have to ask, did the hurricanes have the same effect as the high school diet cokes? if so, i know you had a blast!
What an awesome getaway! So glad y'all had a great time.
We are always better mothers with breaks. Kris said he sent Mark an email a few weeks ago about some article Mark may be interested in. Lawyer stuff. I hope you guys are doing well. Glad you were able to have a weekend getaway.
Post a Comment