If you are keeping up with my sister-in-law Amber's blog you may know that Noah had a bad result from his MRI on Monday. Please continue to pray for a miracle. Noah is a little professor too and a special, beautiful boy, and we just want him healthy and whole. Jesus, we trust in You.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Daylight Savings....
I hear that a lot of people don't like Daylight Savings Time, but I personally LOVE having Marc home during daylight hours. It is literally life changing for me. : ) It is so sad in the winter when it's dark at 5:00. Tonight- Daddy got home at 6:00 and went right outside to play and I made a nice spaghetti casserole and folded clothes in peace and then when supper was ready I walked on the deck and saw my three loves jumping with their hero- their selfless Daddy. I call it Daylight Saving Mommy Time. 

I am so excited about spring and nesting outside like crazy- we got new pine straw, new flowers , a new bicycle helmet, new sidewalk chalk and sandbox sand. Bring on the outside time! The kids played in the driveway all evening with their new chalk.




In other news, I am just completely amazed by the knowledge my biggest little man has in that head of his. Today we were listening to a kiddie CD in the car and the London Bridge song came on and he said, "Mommy did you know London bridge used to be a popular place of commerce and there were businesses and residences actually ON the bridge?" What? No? How is that possible? Of course, he was right and had read it somewhere. Then today I read to them Song of the Swallows and we were talking about birds and he said, "it's so sad to me that we don't use any carrier pigeons anymore." How he knows about carrier pigeons I have no idea. He has a whole world of knowledge because of his reading that I don't have- it's like living with a little professor. Tonight I read one of my favorite new books to him, The Story of Salt, and when we talked about nomads having to settle down and needing more salt in their diet he said, "yes, when they settled in the fertile crescent" and when the book talked about Romans discovering purple dye he said, "really purple dye was done by the Phonecians." What? I just want to write this down b/c he's six and I"m going to forget if I don't. I love my little professor. This is why being a stay-at-home mom gets "easier" in terms of loneliness b/c they become the most amazing little people and I'm not lonely or bored- I'm fascinated.
If you are keeping up with my sister-in-law Amber's blog you may know that Noah had a bad result from his MRI on Monday. Please continue to pray for a miracle. Noah is a little professor too and a special, beautiful boy, and we just want him healthy and whole. Jesus, we trust in You.
If you are keeping up with my sister-in-law Amber's blog you may know that Noah had a bad result from his MRI on Monday. Please continue to pray for a miracle. Noah is a little professor too and a special, beautiful boy, and we just want him healthy and whole. Jesus, we trust in You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I agree with the whole stay at home getting easier. Lately I have found such delight in my boys. Jake and I have conversations throughout the day and I get the privilege of watching him grasp things and discuss them. I LOVE it!!!
So glad you are enjoying the nice weather. We still have high 40's low 50's and I am itching for spring but it seems our summer here are our glory days. We shall see.
i'm with you--i love daylight savings time! we've been spending hours and hours outside and it's wonderful!
This is as childhood should be. My favorite poem that my Daddy recited to me at his knee, when I was about Marky's age, was "The Children's Hour", by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. :
Between the dark and the daylight,
When the night is beginning to lower,
Comes a pause in the day's occupations,
That is known as the Children's Hour.
God bless children everywhere, and may there be many, many children who are first priority at "the children's hour"!
I love it as well! We've been out shooting hoops this week! Love that it stays dark a bit later in the morning as well! :)
Post a Comment