Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2 weeks in....

and 10 lbs lost! Holla if ya hear me!!!

In other news, Tuckerboy had a tough morning. We were at the Southern Museum of Flight playing, and instead of playing with the toys he just lay on the floor with his hands behind his head looking at the ceiling. I said, "sweetie, don't you want to play?" And he said, "no, I will just lay on dis floor." I should have known he was "off".

In a few minutes he threw up all over his clothes and the floor of the playroom. I got him cleaned up and had to buy a t-shirt at the museum b/c I had no extra clothes. On the way home he threw up again in the car all over his car seat and new t-shirt. I got him home, bathed, in footie jammies and he slept for about three hours. Then he threw up in the bed. Geez Louise. But he woke up at 3 and from them on has seemed fine. I guess it's over and happy of happys- it didn't spread through the house! :)

Marky had a basketball game tonight and so we took the kids to the nursery at the Y and kept Tucker with us. He was still in his footie jammies which were tucked into tennis shoes. He was happy as a clam and just sat in his stroller and cheered for Bubba. Precious angel boy. Even when he's "off"- he's sweet as pie.

tucker sick

In other, OTHER, news, it's pinewood derby time with scouts. What a mess! They literally give you a chunk of wood and say "go get 'em!" We don't know what we are doing. We cut out the car design and sanded it down Monday and bought the paint, nails, graphite, putty, etc. you have to have.

car

Now they are weighing it down with metal to make it heavier, but still less than 5 oz. And when I say, "they", I, of course, mean Daddy with Marky watching. Boys can't use band saws last I checked. Marky did design the car, though, and he is the one who sanded it down. I think he's really enjoying this. I'll be curious to see how he ends up painting it. Momma is just sitting back and keeping her 2 cents to herself on this one- this one's all up to Marky-

car 2

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

congrats on the weight loss donna! that's wonderful! and so sorry about tucker. thankful it was short-lived and self-contained?!

Jackie said...

10 pounds? Go Donna!!!

Hope Tucker is feeling better and Marky has fun getting creative with the car design.

Robin said...

Wow, you are the incredible shrinking woman!! That is awesome. So glad Tucker is better.

BB said...

See that top picture of Tuck Tuck? See that bump on top of his crown...where a cowlick has stuck his hair up? I have see this phenomena every day of my life.
And thank you very much, Tuck Tuck, for making it look cute!!!!
And you're most welcome for sharing this gene with you!
Snooki is such a copy cat.

holly said...

You can't see me, but I'm raisin' the roof for your 10 lbs girl! And I know what you are thinking when they are working on the derby car..."I shouldn't say anything, but ok, I will!"