
When we got there the kids lit their candles they had made for tonight-

Then they sang a song- "share the light of Jesus". We also sang "we come to ask your forgiveness, O Lord" that was especially beautiful. The words were "sometimes we hurt by what we do to others, sometimes we hurt with words that are untrue, sometimes we cause others pain by what we fail to do and we ask your forgiveness O Lord."


Then after doing an examination of conscience the kids picked which priest they wanted to go to- there were 6 to choose from. Marky got in line to the priest we know the best and then realized there was no screen b/c it wasn't in a confessional room. He got out of line and said, "I need to go where there's a screen" and I said, "you can do that sweetie, but you have nothing to hide- the priest is happy to lead you to Jesus and help you" and he said, "okay" and went to the first priest. Here he is waiting in line thinking "nobody else's mom is taking all these pictures". :)

Time to go back-

In preparing this afternoon he asked me to help him write out his sins on paper. I said, "you don't want mommy to do it- you should do that on your own", but he insisted. He carried the paper in with him- it was important to him that he not forget. He memorized his act of contrition- he actually memorized two versions- but this is the one he chose to use-
My God,
I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you
whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help,
to do penance, to sin no more,
and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.
Our Saviour Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.
In His Name, my God, have mercy.
He did it! And he said, "it was easy- I shouldn't have been nervous." :) Glowing with grace-

Marc and I knelt with him on the altar to say penance, and then he blew out his candle to come home. I grabbed his paper of sins and tore it up and said, "these are gone forever" and we both smiled.

Such a precious, precious night. It's just reminded me that God has a relationship with Marc that is outside of me. I'm just so involved with his every day life it's hard to remember that he has a spiritual life outside of me. He will be convicted of things I won't know about. He will be inspired to do things by the Holy Spirit that may surprise me. He will pray to God prayers I won't know about. God is going to guide him through his life in ways that won't involve me. He's coming into his own now and I don't have to lead him by the hand through every prayer or act of worship. My baby is in God's hands. Have Thine own way, Lord.




4 comments:
That top picture is truly the face of our baby Marky (Mark-dee). He has such a sweet and wise spirit, there is a unique job God is preparing for him. What an honor to walk that road together.
I love the emphasis your faith puts on confession & restoration. We all sin, but I love how Marky saw you tear up his "sin paper" after he had confessed. They were gone, forever.
I John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
Such a wonderful beautiful night! I feel so blessed to be Catholic and sharing this rich faith with Mary Clare. I'm so thankful she has such good Catholic friends to grow up with through the years. Thanks for all you do with our children.
Beautiful Donna! You are doing such a wonderful job!!!
Buck is nervous too. Would you ask Marky to say a little prayer for him?
Blessings to you all!
so sweet. brings tears to my eyes. He's all clean!
Post a Comment