
I have loved learning about her life because she was both married and a nun and holy and above reproach in both vocations. St. Francis de Sales said in regard to St. Jane de Chantal: “Madame Chantal is the strong woman that Salomon was not able to find in Jerusalem.”

After learning about our dear saint and her love for others regardless of their station in life we talked about our memory verse, I John 4:12: "No eye has ever seen God. Yet if we love one another God dwells in us, and His love is brought to perfection in us." We played the CD and sang the song that goes along with the verse.

We talked a lot about the golden rule and pondered who our "neighbors" are and small ways we can love and serve them. Then the girls worked on their notebook pages.

After the notebook pages we had snacks and then they played outside. I was distracted with teaching today and forgot to take more pictures. But it was a lovely day learning about lovely things with some lovely little girls.

P.S. I just have to add this pic of Charlie, upset the oatmeal is gone. "Where is da food?" he wonders. And Aunt Amber gave us these awesome bibs that cover the sleeves and whole outfit so he stays clean while he eats like a wittle pig.




3 comments:
I just love this. What precious little girls, and what a blessing for them to learn such things together. I know my sweet Julia loves it!
Thanks Donna for a lovely afternoon. I too enjoyed your lesson and how wonderful that St. Francis de Sales feast day was today and I knew who she was when I read the Saint of the day and she was mentioned. We're never too old to learn! God bless!
Thanks Donna for a lovely afternoon. I too enjoyed your lesson and how wonderful that St. Francis de Sales feast day was today and I knew who she was when I read the Saint of the day and she was mentioned. We're never too old to learn! God bless!
Post a Comment