Friday, March 30, 2012

Natural History Museum

We had a special date with BB today to go to the Anniston Museum of Natural History. I LOVE having BB in town! (Here she is showing Charlie the lovey we had to buy at the museum- we'd forgotten his bear)-
IMG_3910

Having a bear helped him take a nice rest- (p.s. I LOVE his thighs!)

charlie stroller may 2012

Marc and Tucker on the earthquake machine-

IMG_3904

Leave it to Sissy to care more about a stuffed animal puppy than the science facts- she loves critters so much-

IMG_3909

Tucker told us the names of all the planets...again...and again...

IMG_3907

I kept losing him and had to make him sit in a stroller, "Trouble? Who me?"

tucker stroller march 2012

Digging for fossils-

IMG_3911

I just adore these big kids-

IMG_3905

Off to see the animals- these are the real deal-

IMG_3912

IMG_3914

Then it was off to "Ancient Egypt"- the real reason we went. Here are the kids on a mosaic of the Nile region- I quizzed them on the map and they did well-

IMG_3916

Then we saw the two REAL Mummies that the museum has. It still blows my mind that we were looking up close to two deceased Egyptians from 2,300 years ago. Just amazing-


After getting home and having naps we met Daddy for Lenten approved Cheese Pizza at one of our favorites. Tucker was extra affectionate and kept hugging Marc's arm- it was precious. We love our little muppet boy-

IMG_3919

IMG_3917

IMG_3920

IMG_3921

Thank you, Lord, for another lovely day with the ones I love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea that museum had such great exhibits. We are studying the Ancients and Astronomy next year so we will have to take a field trip! :)

Lori said...

What a blessed day! We need to go back to the museum and the spy museum across the street! So glad ya'll had such a great day filled with "real learning" :)

holly said...

ok, need to add this place to the list of places to go. I KNOW my kids would love it! Thanks for sharing!!