Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday- sick baby, camping, etc.

Has it really been a week since I posted? What can I say- when I get overwhelemed I put my head in the sand. During the nights during this week I would intentionally not check my email or look at the computer because I felt like I couldn't handle one more thing on my plate. But here we are at Friday and I feel more on top of things.

I had a good weekend/early week with the three bambinos by myself. Not only were Marc and Marky out of town- BB and Poppy were gone on a trip as well. But we hung in there and had a good time. Charlie is the sweetest, happiest baby- but he is ACTIVE! He gets into stuff the others never got into. I find him emptying drawers, climbing furniture, and generally making a huge mess all the time.  Who me?

charlie

 Case in point- he loves the corner lazy-susan thing with all the spices on it. This is blurry, but that's a box of brown sugar he's holding-

  IMG_0555IMG_0556

In his mouth- a tube of frosting-

 IMG_0558

Sadly, he's been sick for weeks. Two weeks ago he was diagnosed with double ear infection and lung infection and we did 10 days of antibiotics and he was still no better. Here we are at the doctor on Wednesday- his ear was totally infected still- we got stronger medicine and I am hopeful he will feel better and stop being so pitiful soon- it breaks my heart-

IMG_0576


All of us went to the doctor- I told the doctor that bringing Tucker along was like bringing a "drunk monkey" with me and he said he too had a drunk monkey at home. :)   One advantage to our rarely watching TV- they are TRANSFIXED by the Disney channel at the doctor's office-
  IMG_0575

Daddy and Marky got home from their trip to West Virginia and brought Tucker a Virginia Calvaryman's hat and sword, which he LOVED! Marc and Marky had found the place where Marc's great-great grandfather was buried- and discovered he was in the Virginia Calvary in the civil war-
  IMG_0567

Such a fun toy...
  IMG_0569

But then...while taking pictures he broke the sword in half- oh no Mr. T!

  IMG_0572


I know, buddy- that broke your little heart.

  IMG_0574

In other news- our bird feeders keep getting emptied- and I have found the culprit(s)- (you see he's emptied the right feeder and moved onto the left)-

IMG_0566 IMG_0565


I didn't do anything.  What birdseed?  Madam, you are mistaken.

  IMG_0562


Sissy went to a birthday tea-party on Saturday and had a great time.
  IMG_0559IMG_0561

During the party the girls used stamps and crayons to make pictures. They were drawing princesses and castles, etc., but Julia made this picture- (it's Thomas the tank engine)-

  IMG_0582

 She said, "I wanted to make this for Charlie and Tucker- they will love it!" Here's the outside-

  IMG_0581

I'm telling you- I know I'm biased, but I think she is just the sweetest little girl. She LOVES everybody and is always doing things for other people.

  sissy

This morning she made this for me-
  IMG_0585

But I know who she learned "making things for people" from- her big brother. He makes things for her all the time. This morning he worked hard on a picture he knew she would love (and she did and hung it in her room)-
   IMG_0583IMG_0584

Tonight- I have three VERY happy and excited children who have gone to camp out at "Cub Haunted" with the cub scouts. They have it every year- and there are skits, bonfires, haunted hay rides, etc. Families are invited and we knew we were letting Sissy go, but Marc made a game-day decision this afternoon and is taking Tuck Tuck too!  His first campout! They will have fun (and Charliebear and I will do the best we can in our comfy house). :) The babies in comfy clothes they can sleep in-
  IMG_0580

Four sleeping bags, four pillows, three loveys, four flashlights, one lantern, four extra pairs of clothes and toothbrushes, four water bottles, four fleeces for when it gets cool- and we are on our way- nothing to it- :)

IMG_0577

Have fun! (and yes, Sissy is holding the tent- and yes, it is small!  Marc bought it back when it was just him and Marky who camped.  They will be snug as a bug in a rug!  Marc said, "at least we will stay warm!")  And THAT is the weekly update!

IMG_0579

No comments: