Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday pictures and Little Flowers

A few Sunday pictures (before I got my new mums potted- yes it's blazing hot, but I'm pushing on with fall anyway).  :)
 

 

Today we hosted Little Flowers at our home.  It's broken up into two groups: a K-2 group and a grade 3 and up group.  I taught the older group and we learned about St. Catherine of Siena and the virtue of Faith.  I read St. Catherine's biography from Loyola Book of Saints and then we discussed her very interesting life.

We then talked about what Faith is.  I had each girl read a verse from the Bible and we discussed what it meant.


We focused on walking by faith and not by sight and how God's word is a lamp to our feet.  Then we recited the Act of Faith.  After that we went outside and did relay races where one girl was blindfolded and another girl had to tell her how to step- thus she got through by trusting her friend, not by sight.  :)  Then we prayed and had snack and played.  Such a sweet day with the sweetest girls. 




Tonight after supper we watched The Pistol- The Birth of a Legend, which is about famous basketball player Pete Maravich.  I had watched it several times in my high school Bible class and remembered liking it a lot and thought Marky would too.  I will say it's just okay- not as great as I remembered.  Anyway, in it Pete stands up in class and reads a paper called "my dreams", where he describes how he wants to be the best basketball player in the world (and his class laughs at him).

Tucker immediately jumped up and ran and got paper and wrote his own "My dream" paper at once:



I love you sweet Tucker and all your sweet dreams.  :)

No comments: