Thursday, September 3, 2015

This and That

The school year is getting off to a great start.  We are slowly adding activities each week.  One nice suprise is that Tucker is just a precious and eager student.  I know he loves learning, but he doesn't always love learning what I tell him to.  He is happy to do his work with me.

I love to see how his little brain works.  Just yesterday when we were making compound words I gave him the word, "some" thinking he would say "thing" or "where", and he said, "awe."  I said what?  He said, "you know, AWESOME!"


He was thrilled to find these planet pajamas the other day.  He wants to wear them every night.  The planet/space obsession has not slowed a bit.  



 He's obsessed with writing stories about space.  These papers are ALL over the place. 



He and Charlie have philosophical differences on whether Pluto is a planet so I always know which things are for Charlie by whether they have Pluto listed. 


The other day he wrote tons of stories on paper, then he asked if he could type a story on the computer.  Then he went and got paper and started, "working on some math."  He even made a "tricky page" and had hard problems he could use his calculator with.   I love his "necitiv" and "positiv" numbers.  :) 


Marc is in 6th grade and it's really fascinating watching him grow academically.   It's a lot of work- but it's good.  He mainly works in the dining room- it's not always this messy- but you can see he's in the thick of it now!


Latin started back and she's having him write little stories-
 
 
He had his first real football game on Tuesdsay night.  They won 35-0!  They played great!  He's on the offensive and defensive line (with all the other big boys).  :)  I didn't realize they'd play on the varsity field with announcers and music and lights and drama. It's so much fun!!!! 

 



After the game- can you see the enthusiasm?  He just loves this.  

He's still the little professor, though.  I laughed as we were driving to football practice on night and he was reading this over 700-page book on Major Robert Rogers and the early Rangers of the French and Indian War. 

Sissybug is back in the saddle again.  She has started riding a new horse, Elliot.  He's much bigger than Swayze, but she's getting the hang of it.





She's still loves horses better than anything.  Almost every book she reads is about horses. 


Well, it's time to drag these boys out of the sandbox.  I don't know any family that loves a sandbox like we do.  All four of them have loved it.  I always keep it stocked with fresh sand.   I would put it and the trampoline on the most-used toys list.  Okay- time for supper!



1 comment:

BB said...

The happy lives you and Marc have made for our babies warms the cockles of Poppy's and my heart.
And I'm sure Marky and Tucker know what the "cockles" are, where they are, and the best way to warm them!