Thursday, May 12, 2016

This and that

Everything we do is finally wrapping up this week!  It'll be nice to have a break from activities, even though we enjoy them.  This weekend alone we have a piano recital, horse show and boys choir concert! 

Marc and Marc Jr had an accolade ceremony and dinner for Fraternus last night.  It was really a beautiful evening.  They had four priests for mass, and it was celebrated ad orientem in our beautiful home parish- the Cathedral. 




We've completed almost all of our school work except a little math so our days are filled with reading and playing.   Julia and Tucker put on a puppet show for Marc, Charlie and me yesterday. 


It was "Goldilocks and the Three Bears."  :)

You're never too old for Magnatiles!




Marc did not play a spring sport this year, but we are letting him play a little min-season of rugby this June.  We got to practice and they said, "Your seven-year-old could play on our younger team," and that's how Tuck Tuck ended up on a flag rugby team!  It works out perfect- their practices are the exact same time.

The coach gave us an old ruby ball so we could practice at home.  :)

 

Yesterday was a busy day and I ended up having an hour to kill with just my littlest one while we waited for Marc and Tucker's homeschool PE class to finish (they climbed a rock wall this time).  We went and had a fruit cup and chatted about life.When we sat down he said, "Oh how I wish I had a wittle hand sanitzerw."  :)  I love this little baby boy so much!


Our family Easter book was The First Christians by Marigold Hunt.  I finally feel like I have a really good grasp of all the missionary journeys of St. Paul.   


We are now starting the Little House series as a family.  I've actually never read these books and we are all enjoying them.  


In addition to the reading I do with the children, Daddy usually has a book going at night for bedtime.  I don't keep up with them all, but I know just this year he's read them Prince and the Pauper, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Invisible Man, The Time Machine, War of the Worlds, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Robinhood and The Wizard of Oz!  Go Daddy!

No comments: