The month of May is the month dedicated to the Blessed Mother and we always go with friends to the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament to have a May crowning and a picnic. We went on Tuesday, and a Franciscan priest was able to meet us, pray the rosary with us, and lead us in singing.
Julia caught a frog-
After our prayer and song time we headed over to the field for a picnic.
Julia, the horse whisperer, brought a bag of carrots and fed all the horses and even a little donkey. :)
We sang Happy Birthday to one of our friends.
And we went to see my baby boy Nathan Michael. I can't tell you how I miss him. This June would have been his fourth birthday. I will never forget his sweet face and little hands and feet.
After the picnic the children and I went through the gorgeous shrine.
We were so happy to see the grave of Mother Angelica. I love the verse she chose- "And we, with our unveiled faces reflecting like mirrors the brightness of the Lord, all grow brighter and brighter as we are turned into the image that we reflect; This is the work of the Lord Who is Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18. Don't we think of a bright little face when we think of Mother Angelica?
Sister Mary David, who is buried beneath, is actually Mother Angelica's mother. She became a Poor Claire nun as well.
For the first time, the children and I toured the Eucharistic Center. It's a very beautiful building and I love how they put all of our theology of the Eucharist in an orderly, beautiful way.
St. Thomas Aquinas-
It was such a beautiful day. I feel so blessed to live so close to this place of transcendent beauty.































No comments:
Post a Comment