Sunday, February 5, 2017

Marc's Confirmation

Today our sweet Marc received the sacrament of Confirmation.  It was a precious day with our boy.





We bought him his first suit ever!  He looked very handsome.  (I wish his hair wasn't wet!).  :)




The children went forward and knelt before the bishop who made the sign of the cross on their foreheads with holy chrism oil while saying in Latin, "I sign thee with the cross, and I confirm thee with the chrism of salvation in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."  Then he gives them a little slap on the cheek "symbolizing that the Christian is now a soldier for Christ and must endure suffering and the persecution that comes from conflict with the world."

Each child had a sponsor that they chose who is a role model and helps the child along.  Marc chose our friend Patrick, but I don't have a picture of them- the professional photographer took some.  Our young friend chose Marc Sr. to be his sponsor.  He was honored to be asked.






There was a luncheon reception afterwards.  I had to get a pic of the grey suit/red tie gang.  :)



We are so proud of you, Marky and so happy for you having received this special sacrament.  God bless you, sweet boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Marc!