Friday, February 17, 2017

This and that and Art Museum

We've had a good week.  Mr. C loves his Navy shirt.  He tells me he is either going to be a shepherd or a naval aviator when he grows up.  I am happy with either one.  :)


He's a very good builder too.  :)

Tuck Tuck got the perfect fortune in his fortune cookie. 


Speaking of stories, my children have always loved writing stories for fun.  They think getting on WordPerfect is  treat.  :)  Julia and Tucker both wrote stories recently-




Our deer come to see us every.single.day.  They are totally comfortable with us on the porch. 


Monday night we had a girls night out goodbye party for a friend that is moving this week.  About 12 of us came, but I didn't think to take pictures until the end of the night. 


On Valentine's Day the children had a Valentine's party with their art class.  That night Daddy took us out eat- we had a great view!




Tucker, of course, brought along some art project.  I think this was a satellite. 


On Wednesday I started having awful stomach pains.  I was eating lunch with Shana and thought I was getting a stomach bug.  I never got sick but the pain got worse and worse and I had a fever.  Finally that night Marc took me to the doctor (I was beginning to think it could be appendix or gallbladder) and imagine my shock when they did a flu test and it was positive!

I said, "that's impossible- I had the flu a month ago!!"  They said it's probably a different strain (and it does have completely different symptoms), but here I am with the flu again.   It's not nearly so bad this time, though. 

All that to say, I could not take the children to their field trip to the art museum on Thursday so Daddy took them instead.  They had a great time.  They learned all about math in art- perspective and depth.  They came home with all kinds of interesting knowledge.  They started off in the studio working with oil pastels and watercolors.  Tucker said, "you must remember- oil pastels repel the watercolor." 





They examined several "Last Supper" paintings and talked about the different perspectives.  In DaVinci's famous one all the lines on the painting meet together in Jesus' right eye. 








When I saw Charlie's art work later he was disappointed.  He said, "it doesn't wook vewy good."  I said, "oh I love it," and Tucker said, "I think he feels it lacks depth and perspective."  :)


After the studio work they toured the museum.  The docent taught them about angles and lines in art. 











No comments: