Monday, April 24, 2017

First Confession and St. George

Tuckerman had a big week!  First, last Thursday he auditioned for the boys choir.  He did a great job and the choir director let him set in his friend's pink mustang.  :)  We haven't found out if he made it yet. 



On Sunday, Tucker received the sacrament of penance, also known as confession.  Here he is waiting to go in- I wrote down the opening and closing prayers for him.



We love you sweet Tucker!  You were so excited about today!

We were excited that you had your first confession on Divine Mercy Sunday!  Also, it was the feast day of St. George the dragon slayer!  Today we made our dragon cake to honor St. George. 




Julia helped too, but she was with the Latin tutor when I took the pictures.  :)

Tucker really wanted to skewer the dragon.

We couldn't find green food coloring so we used a little blue.  Charlie said, "Dwagons can't be bwue?  They should be gween!"  Tucker said, "Have you forgotten the dragons from Blueland?  Of course they can be blue!"  Daddy just finished reading them the "My Father's Dragon" trilogy, which they LOVED and begged for him to keep going every night.  :)



And I will say this cake is an improvement from the one we made on St. George's Day 2013- (this pic breaks my heart!)




We enjoyed our St. George stories. 


Tucker was excited to know that the St. George cross (a Greek red cross on a white background) is found on England's flag as he is the patron saint of England.



And the Union Jack, the U.K. flag, is a blending of St. Andrew's cross, St. Patrick's cross and St. George's cross!  So the patron saints of Scotland, Ireland and England are represented. 


As I was explaining the flags to Tucker I said, "and the Union Jack is found in the corner of other flags- like Australia and New Zealand."  And he said, "Yes, all of the flags in Oceania have the Union Jack in them except Tahiti."  :)  Sure. 

The other day he said, "Mommy, can you wash my flag blanket?  I got toothpaste on Lithuania and Maldova."  :)  He loves his flag blanket and wears it like a cape every morning and sleeps with it every night.  It is appreciated!





Oh, and if you are wondering how Daddy fared while I was in Memphis- they had a great time.  On Friday he took them to homeschool gym day and they had movie night and watched "Free Willy."  Saturday they worked in the yard, went bowling and visited the brand new Whataburger near our home. 

When I got home Saturday evening I saw water color paintings in the kitchen and soap carvings in the bathroom.  Sounds like everyone had a great time!

He said he was "talking to all my sheepies through this headset."  He's a high-tech shepherd. 

Oh, and before I go- I thought this stat was interesting.  We play Jeopardy on the Wii U a lot as a family- everyone loves it.  We noted tonight that we are getting 85% of the questions right with our highest scores in Literature and the worst scores in Pop Culture.  Marc said, "That's exactly what  I want to see!" :) 


No comments: