Marc's actual birthday was this weekend and we gave him his presents on Saturday morning. He was so excited to get some Legos, 3 new Horatio Hornblower books and the dvd set from us and a new watch band for his fit bit from Aunt Amber. :) He got money from Aunt Judy, Pawpaw and Zaza and Big Grandpa!
We keep all Legos in one of the basement guest rooms. Tucker sat on the bed and watched Marky put together his ships. Such sweet brothers.
Last week we had a field trip to the Botanical Gardens, we did a woodland tour and learned about interdependence.
Although I think the children's favorite part of the day was rolling down the hill a million times. :)
On Saturday we went to a beautiful 25th anniversary celebration where our friends renewed their vows. The husband said something so precious. He said, "As I thought about the good times and bad times we've had together I realize the bad times were the good times. Those were the times that you relied on each other and needed your spouse to hold you close and help you through." So precious.
We took some children from the anniversary party home with us and big Marc took our 4 plus 3 more children to play laser tag. They had a blast- and loved the giant Space Invaders game.
We had Marky's godparents for dinner and Julia enjoyed baby holding time.
Sunday was one of my favorite Sundays of the year- Palm Sunday.
Our church has a beautiful tradition of processing through the city with the palms and there are bagpipes playing. We process with the next door Presbyterian Church- so the crowd is extra big. I love seeing people watch and wonder what it's all about.
After church they held a soup and salad lunch and then we dropped by the science center to see an engineering Imax movie.
Monday night I went to a friend's surprise 50th birthday party!
Despite having room other places, I have always wanted to keep the books that I want the children to read right here where we live- near the kitchen and den. I have found that if you keep the television off and have interesting books that are EASY to get to they grab them and read them all day. For years our children have associated breakfast time with reading. They all grab books and read while they eat.
Geography is the topic de jour lately.
Tucker found his 500 piece state flags puzzle and needed help putting it together. Once Daddy started helping every other child slowly trickled in. It was like a magnet.
And now they play board games by themselves- no parent initiation needed!
Marky is just LOVING rowing.
What a peaceful sport!
Although Julia just wants to ride her horses.
Tonight we watched The Miracle Maker. I LOVE this movie- it's a beautiful Holy Week tradition. If you have Amazon Prime you can watch it FOR FREE!
And now we get ready for Maundy Thursday.
The word descending from above
Though with the Father still on high
Went forth upon His work of love
And soon to life's last eve drew nigh
He shortly to a death accursed
By a disciple shall be giv'n
But to His twelve disciples first
He gives Himself the Bread from Heav'n






















































No comments:
Post a Comment