Friday, April 28, 2017

Swimming, Birding and Shakespeare

Tuesday was the feast day of St. Mark, obviously a favorite around here.  I wanted to do something that looked like a lion but all the internet ideas seemed to complicated.  In the end I made up this lion made with cinimmon rolls- (his eyes are frosted cinnamon rolls with chocolate chip pupils)  :)




We read from Saints and Angels-


We are going to the beach in a few weeks so I signed Tucker and Charlie up for some swim lessons to get them swimming stronger.  They love it and all of us have enjoyed going swimming several times this week. 




Wednesday we went with a doctor from the Audubon Society on a bird walk at the Botanical Gardens.  It was wonderful!  Julia said it's her favorite field trip she's been on all year.  She kept looking at me saying, "Oh- isn't this wonderful!?"  My girl loves God's creatures.    We saw over 20 types of birds.




We saw a meat-eating plant!




Yesterday I took Marc and Julia to see The Two Gentlemen of Verona at the Shakespeare Festival.   This is the advertisement the festival put out-


So imagine my surprise when the house lights dim and they start playing hippie 60s music and all the actors in 60s clothes come out.  It ended up being a well-acted play, but I think audiences should know if they are going to see a modern-interpretation.



While we were at the play Charlie and Tucker went to BB and Poppy's farm.  They each picked one toy to bring.  :)









Tucker managed to get his line tangled to the extreme, but he was happy because he thought it looked like the letter A.  :)


And BB has taught them how to make big bubble gum bubbles.  :)

No comments: