Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A day with the boys

Tuesday was unusual in that Marc was off on choir tour and Julia was at horse camp at BB's so I only had the two little boys all day.  We had a wonderful time.  On Tuesdays in the summer the homeschoolers meet at parks so we went to park day in Trussville. 




After playing with our friends for a few hours we decided to drive to Gadsden to see Imagination Place, a children's place I'd never seen before.    It's geared towards younger children and I thought today- where the older ones were off- would be the perfect day!  We had the best time.

I don't often do "little child" centers anymore because of having a 13-year-old.  I forgot how the boys are still little and how they LOVE pretend play.  We played like farmers, train conductors, bankers, cashiers, postmen, sailors, construction workers, firemen.  It was such a sweet time. 



























After playing all day we walked down to a precious store and deli and had chocolate pie.  :)



Such a precious time with these angel boys.   These boys are BEST FRIENDS.  They get along so well- they chit chat and laugh all day long.  A mom asked me the other day how I handle it when they bite each other and I had no idea what she was talking about.  These two don't hit or bite or fight.    The most we get usually is bickering like little old ladies. 

On the drive up Tucker quizzed us on geography using Professor Noggin's Countries of the World.  Tucker kept explaining how the answers weren't always completely accurate.  I heard,

Tucker:  Well, actually that is near Somoliland.
Mommy:  Is that a country?
Tucker:  Well, it's not usually internationally recognized. 

And Charlie knows almost as much as Tucker.  We did a water quiz and Charlie was yelling out, "Sea of Okhostk!", "Sea of Japan!".  I love their geography enthusiasm.  :)

Charlie was so excited last night that he got to sleep in Marky's bunk bed, which he'd never done before.  We texted the picture to Marky who loved it.  Good night big Bubba!


Speaking of Marky, I haven't heard a ton from him.  Daddy and I kept saying, "send us pictures" and he kept saying, "I will if I see something interesting."  So I said, "we think YOU are interesting- I want to see my boy!" 


Portland Tram-

And these were posted by the choir-

Landing in Portland!




Rehearsal after landing-
 
Oh, and a few good ones from the concert-


Now I'm off to pick up Julia!

No comments: