We had a great treat this week- Aunt Amber and cousin Landin came for a visit. They arrived Tuesday afternoon, and we had a wonderful time. Per our tradition, we had hibachi for dinner.
Tucker is loving chess- he can give Marky a run for his money now. :)
Uncle Tim would FaceTime with "Goodnight bear," a British bear who leads us in goodnight prayers- "Assume prayer position!"
Amber brought the boys a little bag of natural blocks and they have played with them nonstop!
On Wednesday we went to the pool after Marc's rowing camp. Daddy worked from home to stay with poor Tucker who can't swim until his toe is healed.
I didn't take pictures from swimming, but we had a long, fun day and both Amber and I went down the slides! Go Amber!
On Thursday we spent the rainy day at the science center. We saw the Imax "Journey to the South Pacific," which was really well done.
We walked over to Daddy's office and had lunch in his building.
Then it was back to the science center. :)
We spent a lot of time on the porch listening to the light rain and watching the deer.

The girls were in their hammocks one time when the deer came right up to them. They were so excited!

Marky has figured out how to make movies on the computer. They filmed a Star Wars type movie and worked on voiceovers and sound. They had so much fun doing this- they worked day after day on their movie.
See poor little Tucker's foot cast?
I have to take him to the doctor weekly until he is better. On Friday it was raining so I said, "stay here, while I get the car." It's so cute pulling up to this little cherub. :)
There is one horrible room in my home- the laundry room. It is where everything that we don't know where to put gets dumped. Amber came and totally organized it perfectly. I might say that BB, Zaza and Poppy have all organized my laundry room at different times. It's just one of those things- it deteriorates as we go. I appreciate the help!
While we cleaned the children played "Life." I kept saying, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to get through this thing called Life!" (ala Prince)
I love Aunt Amber!
Landin's birthday is coming up soon so we celebrated last night with a brownie, candle and presents!
My birthday is this weekend and they totally surprised me with a birthday cake and song after Landin's!
Amber (who owns an animation studio) helped Marky make a BEAUTIFUL movie with all their baby pictures over the years. I cried after the first picture- it's my favorite present ever!
They left this morning and we have been working hard around here. Marc had Marky use an ax and shovel and dig up several dead shrubs and trees from the side yard. He almost gave up and said it was too hard, but Daddy knew better and said, "you can do this- dig deep!" He did it! There are so many life lessons in yard work! And there's no substitute for the feeling when you accomplish something you thought was way too hard for you.
The three boys also cut down a birch limb that was hanging into the road. Tucker pulled the string to cut-
And Charlie pulled on Tucker! Teamwork!
Success!











































No comments:
Post a Comment