When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
Well, my baby, my snugglebear, has turned six.
Hooray!
Oh Charliebear I just cannot take this! You have been nothing but a delight to us your whole little life!
You are just the sweetest little boy. You are gentle, kind and super cuddly. You love stuffed animals and have a million sheep "teddies" as you call them. When I put you in bed with all your sheep you say, "I have a feast of sheep!" :) You love to be held. Tonight I watched you sit in Julia's lap for a while. Yesterday you sat in Marky's lap to watch a show. You especially love cuddling with Mommy and will always stop to run and give me a hug if I say, "Charlie- let's have a quick snuggle!"
We all adore your baby voice. You are the only one of our children that has hung on to the baby voice so long. It's the sweetest "wittle" voice. :) I know you will have to learn to say your R's soon, but oh, how we've enjoyed your baby voice all these years. I said to you, "Please don't turn six," and you said, "It's okay Mommy, I will still be cwose to five. I'm still your wittle boy."
Don't let the cuddly baby-voice fool you though- you are a tough cookie. You are all boy and LOVE sports. You love to play basketball, football and soccer and are competitive. You tackle Marky and Daddy all the time. The other day you reached out of your car seat and punched Marky on the shoulder. He said, "What was that?!" You said, "That....was a warning!" You LOVE superheroes, Lego and your knights and castle. You love to chase around with nerf guns and nerf swords saying, "I will destwoy you!" while smiling your squinty-eyed smile.
You are very clever and learn things easily. You have a great sense of direction and can always tell me where to turn in the car. You are reading and have fallen in love with the Magic Tree House books. You generally pay attention when I am reading aloud and can answer my questions about the story. You are awesome at chess and won your games at the camp tournament this week. The coach told us other children didn't want to play you saying, "he's small, but he's really good." :) Tucker has trained you up to love and know all the things he's passionate about- geography, space, flags, and chess.
You are an easy-going guy and would prefer to rest than run around all day. You and Julia are my go-with-the-flow, take-it-easy children.
Please know how much we love you sweet boy. You are the baby grandchild of both mine and Daddy's families so you are in a special spot! We have all loved your young years. I know we will enjoy watching you grow and pray that you put God first in all you do. Love, Mommy and Daddy, Marc, Julia, and Tucker.
Today we opened your family presents!
BB got you all kinds of Auburn gear- you loved it!
Zaza and Big Grandpa sent your birthday money and called to sing Happy Birthday to you!
And you immediately tried on your new Auburn clothes! :)
We love you sweet boy! Happy 6th birthday!



























1 comment:
Goodness, how I have loved having this angel boy in our lives. He is so sweet it honestly hurts my heart. Thank you, Lord, for the life of Charles Augustin Ayers. Thank you for leading him thus far, and please continue to have your angels around him, and Your hand upon him. We are so blessed, and don't take a minute for granted.
Post a Comment