Monday, June 18, 2018

Anastasia is born!

Well, we are finally a few days into our babymoon and I am able to get back to the computer to document the birth of our sweet Annie Rose (and we still don't know what we are calling her for sure- we bounce around).

Daddy and I went on Wednesday evening to begin the process.  On Thursday morning things really got going and the doctor thought we would have a baby around lunchtime.  But then Anastasia's heartbeat would decelerate at each contraction, and over time the heartrate was having a harder time bouncing back up.

Towards the end when I was pushing she really went down (I was crying, "What's her heartrate!?" and they said "You don't want to know.")  Then the doctor said, "we are having a C-section right now."  It was amazing to see how a million people came running down the halls out of nowhere.  They ran me to the OR and gave me a super high dose epidural and within just minutes sweet Anastasia was out.  The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck THREE times and had very little Wharton's jelly so it was a very dangerous situation.  It was also around her body and she was struggling.

Miraculously, as soon as they got her free she bounced right back.  Her Apgar scores were perfect and she was healthy and happy.


They brought her over to me and I kissed her many times.  She looked me right in the eyes.   It was like she knew who I was.  I had cried during the entire surgery and kept crying.  My sweet angel girl- I love her so much!  Thank you, Jesus, for keeping her safe.





Our big girl- 8 lbs, 12 oz and 22 inches long (she has long legs- she'll be a tall girl like her sister!).  Thank you, Lord, for this healthy little girl.  Thank you for saving her life!

Everyone said as soon as Marc started talking she looked him right in the eye and held his finger.  Daddy's girl already-
 


 

Why do we have all these great pictures?  Because literally at the moment she was born, Shana happened to walk in and grabbed my phone and took pictures- thank you!!!




It was a long while before I could hold her.  They gave me so much anesthesia that my arms were completely numb for hours.  I couldn't even make a fist.  I just watched her until I was finally strong again.

What a day we had.  Lots of tears- both from worry and from joy.


Hours later Marc went and brought the children up to the hospital.  Julia broke into tears of joy when she got to the room- before she even saw the baby!
 

I can't tell you how much joy and wonder was in this moment-
 

 



Sweet Sissy cried the entire time.  "I'm just so happy," she kept saying.  :)


 
 

 







 
 



Daddy took the children home and BB spent the night with me and Anastasia in the hospital.  Father JP came by right before bed and prayed a most beautiful blessing over our miracle baby.


The next day was a great day.  I was able to sleep the night before and baby girl is just a sweet angel.  She hardly ever cries.  We think she is perfect!  And the pediatrician agrees!

 
You see before you the happiest of Mommies.  :)



It seems like she's happy and ready to smile already-
 
 
 

Lots of friends and visitors came to see her!
 
 









We've made it clear to Charlie that while Annie may be our baby girl, he is still the "baby boy".  :)



Marc and I stayed in the hospital Friday night and she had a great night with some good stretches of sleep.


Saturday morning they came in and said, "well, if you want to go home you can.  We recommend staying three nights for a C-section, but it's up to you."  So we hit the road!  I wanted to sleep in my own bed and eat BB's cooking, not hospital food.  :)






This is the pink blanket that Memaw made for Julia.  I am so happy to use it again!


 
 

We got home by 9 a.m. Saturday.  They had expected us Sunday afternoon- so everyone was surprised!








And now we are all enjoying our "babymoon."  We are in heaven with our sweet angel-girl.  And this is the best Daddy!   He serves and he serves and he gives and he gives.  Thank you, sweet Daddy, for taking such great care of us.

Thank you, Lord, for our miracle girl.  Oh how we love her!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Congratulations again!!! So thrilled for all of you!!! I love seeing all of your pictures!!!