Sunday, September 30, 2018

Barn dance, baptism and baby girl

This weekend we went to a church barn dance.  It was so much fun.  It's a potluck and everyone just mixes and mingles and dances.  I didn't take any pictures at the dance, but I took one when we got home.  I love everyone in their barn dance clothes.  :)



We went to our friends' sweet baby girl's baptism Saturday.  I love the wonder in the children's eyes at seeing this pure soul given to God.


Anastasia was there to meet her new friend.  :)

Godparents, parents and priest!

Julia had some friends over Friday evening.  At the last minute Marc decided to take Marky to see Unbroken: Path to Redemption and two friends tagged along.  But first- a stop for pizza!


They had the blessing of pets in honor of the upcoming feast for St. Francis of Assisi.  :)



And as for angel baby, she is doing great.  She still prefers to take her daily naps on people.  :)




And she is starting to really enjoy toys.  She likes to play her piano with her feet. :)

After church this morning-





 



And she enjoys sitting at the lacrosse field taking in the breeze.  :) 








This weekend we celebrated two fun feast days.  Saturday was the Michaelmas- Feast of the Archangels!   I didn't get a chance to do our "cocktail swords into devils food cake" tradition, but we are making an angel food cake.  It was the Feast of St. Jerome on Sunday.    We read St. Jerome and the Lion and watched a YouTube on his life.



No comments: