Saturday, May 29, 2021

Julia's play- Radio Days

 This year, Julia signed up for the drama class offered by our cover school.  They met for 2 hours a week all year and in April put on the best 40s radio show!  When Julia went to the dress rehearsal, we realized her dress was not the right shade of red.  It was the day before the play and we ran all over town that evening trying to find the "right" color red dress that looked 40s and we couldn't find anything.  Tears were shed- it was so stressful.  

Then I remembered my old suits from when I worked were in the basement, and we found this red suit that I wore when I was sworn into the Alabama Bar.  :)  I remember I was just barely pregnant with Marky.  It fit like a glove and she looked perfect!  Zaza did her hair!




Sadly, BB got sick the night of the play and could not make it.  


Julia was the pianist for the show and started out playing the National Anthem, and then played all these cute little 40s ditties in between sketches.  We were very proud!
























At the end they did a little dance-
















Our wonderful theater director!  She kindly gave Julia a ride home every single day!


This would not have worked near as well without Zaza here to help us!  Thank you, Zaza!

1 comment:

Stephanie French said...

Wow Donna your kids are precious. I enjoy continuing to follow your blog.......goodness in a world that is less than desirable. Julia looks so much like you. By the way, today marks 25 years since we graduated from MCS ....my mom turned 43 the day we graduated so I always remember. My boys are doing well. Our 15yo still has some health issues but has recovered from brain surgery. Our 13yo learned to read with private Orton Gillingham tutoring & he now does private homeschool w his tutor. The other 3 are all in a private school for high functioning special needs children. We are blessed & grateful for God's provisions.