Birmingham has a wonderful St. Patrick's Day Parade each year. How do I know?
Because today we marched in it! Yes, Marc has embraced his Irish heritage and joined an Irish Men's Group and we marched in the parade behind the bagpipes and drums.
The kids actually did really well and waved to people along the route- there were a lot more people there than you would expect for a week day. In fact, the whole thing was a lot bigger than I expected. As we walked I noticed we didn't seem to be looping back around- in fact we walked over two miles and then stopped at a park. It would have been a two mile walk back to our cars- but Marc got a ride and brought the car to us. Good thing- as I was wearing clogs!
Since we were at the beginning of the parade- we could stop at the end and watch the rest of it. The parade folks threw beads and candy and we had a blast! I am glad to make this a new tradition- it is so much fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment