Monday, June 2, 2008

Welcome Home Mommy

I just got back from a weekend trip to Charleston to see one of my best friends, Sibita. We had the best time- we ate great food, shopped downtown, went to the LPGA tournament going on in her neighboorhood, toured all the fun Charleston stuff, and stayed up late talking in our PJs. Sweet hubby Marc kept the babies all weekend and gave me the plane ticket as our anniversary gift. When I finally got home around 7:30 last night the babies were all clean in their jammies waiting for me. Marky gave me a hug and said welcome back. The dog kind of nodded a hello. Daddy gave me a hug. BUT Julia lost her mind. She was so happy to see her mommy. She literally laid on me for an hour. I was tired after a while and would say, why don't you get down and see daddy? And she would say "see mommy" and kiss my face. She must have kissed me a hundred times. What a welcome. I love you little girl!

7 comments:

--Shelley said...

priceless

LeAnne said...

WOOHOO for a girls weekend. So absolutely adorable that she was so happy to see you. Kylee Anne is the same way...she reacts so strongly with squeals, hugs, and kisses when i come in the door. IT IS PRICELESS!!

LeAnne said...

and thanks for the comment about my haircut. i've actually kept it short since Kylee Anne was born. Mama was looking for simplicity...ryan was only 14 months old and barely walking when Kylee Anne made her grand entrance into the world. Whew, those were some crazy days.

Jill Williamson said...

ha ha...so sweet! I love little girl kisses!!!so, I guess you know who will take care of you when your old!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

How sweet! When did Sibita move? Charleston is great! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend. Sleep is gooooood.

Jennifer said...

Sweetness! I'm glad you got a fun girlfriend getaway! Those are so good for the soul!

annieck said...

SO sweet!!!
It was great seeing you and your beautiful kiddos today! :)