I had the most productive afternoon- I cleaned all upstairs and folded like 4 loads of laundry AND PUT THEM AWAY. Then I cleaned out all of Tucker's 0-9 month clothes and found Marky's box of 9-12 mos clothes and got them put away (yes, Tucker is only two months old- he's fat and tall just like his brother was). Marc and Julia both took naps and Julia woke up once crying and I was able to lay with her and hold her instead of telling her to wait while I put the baby down. How, do you ask, did I get SO MUCH done in one rainy afternoon?
I hired our college-girl-neighbor who was home for Spring Break. She literally sat in the rocking chair and held Mr. High-Maintenance-Snuggle-Bug for about 2 1/2 hours. I would come by and smile at him, and for one hour he slept in her arms. I wish I had her at least once a week- we would be so organized. Before she left I made a big asparagus casserole for supper and thanked her again and again. I read once that when you are overwhelmed by life you sometimes feel like you just want to run away from it all (I know I do), but really sometimes what you need is to get SOMETHING DONE. It feeds your soul to have something checked off the list. That's definitely what I needed- and now I've got to figure out how to get her to come back so I can switch out spring and winter clothes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
what a treat! Can you and your nanny come to my house now and clean my room?
WOW!! that IS a productive afternoon! and your sweet little man got some great snuggle time while you did it all...AWESOME!! you're SOOOO right about how much better it feels to get some things accomplished:)
That's awesome, Donna! Good for you! Now if I could get done half of what you did. :)
wow, that's awesome. hopefully it will inspire me to fold my laundry and put it away today. could you send that girl over to my house?
I want the recipe for asparagus caserole please. Gran (Skrelley's mom) granmartha@yahoo.com
I say chain her legs to the front door. That will keep her there.
Amazing. It makes me want to cry right now. I am so behind on everything. I just told Kris this morning I just can't keep up anymore. We need to talk. So much going on. Got the invitation today. I am working Kids Market in B-ham 10 hours that day. Which makes me want to cry even more. I haven't seen you and the babies in forever. Glad to see you and the babies are doing well. Tucker is just a doll. Getting so big so quick. Reminds me of Sam. We will talk soon.
good for you!!! I COMPLETELY agree with you. You should look for a early teen/pre teen who is homeschooled to come over once a week or every other week. I have had a few friends who have tried this. They stay home with them so they can pay them less. Basically to just entertain and hold while you accomplish something. Just a thought!!!
Post a Comment