Monday, March 16, 2009

Rain or shine...

Did you think a little rain on Saturday would keep the good Irish people from marching in the parade? Please- if we have survivied 800 years of British oppression we can handle a little rain. : ) J/K
We did make it to the parade and festivities and had the best time. Marc's sister came up with her family and we had some fun family time. Here is Marky and his cousin Noah- they are only 6 months apart in age and best buds!
Sissy kept it classy in glasses given to her by BB.
After walking in the parade we got to stop line up a bunch of strollers and watch the party come by. We stood out in front of Dave's in five points- there was loud music and everybody was having a blast.
Here is my beautiful sister-in-law Amber and my niece, Landin.
After the parade we went to Safari Cup for the party- it was a lot of fun with Irish dancers that the kids enjoyed watching- the dancers were kids themselves. And they also had wonderful musicians. Here are some of the kids on the dance floor-
Later that night we went back for the adult partyand enjoyed the band there- Marc got to dust off his old bar "bouncing skills" and escort some folks out who wouldn't pay the cover charge (no I'm not kidding). My favorite part of the night was seeing so many older folks actually from Ireland singing all the songs that they've known since childhood.
Don't think we are only embracing our Irish legacy- I learned this weekend that Italians really celebrate Columbus Day. And I'm already looking forward to this year's German Oktoberfest!
P.S. Did you watch the office this week? Remember this:
Dwight: Knock Knock
Michael: Who's there?
Dwight: KGB
Michael: KG....
Dwight: (SLAP) VEE VILL ASK ZEE QUESTIONS!
I mean- that's just funny!

4 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Yes- loved all of the office this week. It was a good one!
And I love this post every year! The Ayers do NOT FOOL AROUND about St. Patty's Day!! B'ham will not let you down! I love it!

Elyse said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! B'ham is actually a fun place to celebrate St. Patty's Day - I miss that! Hope you guys are doing well.

shelley said...

call me sometime! i just checked in on your blog. i was hoping to see the little Tucker McIntyre on his first St. Patty's day

annieck said...

How fun! You got some great shots! :)