Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let's kick it....

Everyone knows I adore this silly little girl- she is tough as nails (she never cries when she gets hurt- and rarely gets hurt) and loves to run around with her brothers and their friends.

Underneath it all, though, I do think she is girly. Exhibit A: look at her place at the breakfast table- pink, ponies, princesses....she's got the girl thing down. And I work very hard at keeping her dressed like a little girl, which necessarily means wearing dresses.

I don't know how she does it, but almost EVERY time I put a dress on her- she kicks out the hemline. Here she is this afternoon coming home from moms-day-out. See the hem? What is the deal? I just had four dresses repaired and their hems taken out and today she brings home this one torn.

So I put it in the laundry room with "the others" that need repairing. Does anyone else's little girl do this? Isn't this odd? I do have a sewing machine, and I guess I could learn to fix them, but I'm afraid it won't look right. I just don't remember doing this to my mom.

Good thing she's so sweet and loveable- it's a lot of work keeping her dresses hemmed! And no, I won't stop putting her in dresses- she is my only girl after all! P.S. the other day at her little kiddie Bible study they went around the room and said "everyone say your name" and she was last and had her head down being shy and they said "can you tell us your name?" and she looked up and quietly said, "Sissy." We love you Sissybug.

2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

As the mother of boys, I can only add how wonderful it is to have throw away clothing since I, too, do not know how to work my sewing machine.
I am happy that YOU have that sweet little sissybug, though. She sure is adorable! Kicked out hems and all!

annieck said...

She is SUCH A DOLL! I hope Rhiannon doesn't ever need help with her dresses. I don't even remember how to sew on a button! Pitiful!